DCPS Tech Academy

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ideas, anyone?

Yesterday you all took some time to explore the Glencoe website that corresponds to the textbook you will use to teach your content curriculum. Use the comment feature of this blog to answer the following question:

How do you envision using the Glencoe website to enhance your classroom instruction? Share what pieces of the website you believe are the most beneficial for student achievement and describe how you plan to use them.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The website will enhance the teaching by allowing students not to carry home a text book, the ability to access materials that may have been forgotten or to re-learn what was read or taught.
The maps will allow for immediate answers to questions that may arise while reading or working in addition to parents being able to see what is being learned at hom.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I really enjoyed the interactive maps that go along with the Glencoe materials. I think that they are easy to understand and fun to use.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Glencoe website will be a tool that will aid me during instruction. The video aspect of the website and cds are extremely beneficial. I like to use predictions with videos in order to spark student interest.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Tolley said...

I think that by using the website we will be able to use the glencoe resources such as chapter quizzes as well as the TIME features.

9:03 AM  
Blogger clearyt said...

Test for new account
TC

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that the website and interactive CDs will be very beneficial to the students and teachers.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had some experience with the Glencoe web site. I found it easy to use and the resources were excellent. I will of course make my students familiar with it, if for no other purpose than to take the "I forgot my book issue out of the equation". I intend to write the parents a letter and advise them of the site. Additonally, I will of course make the parents aware of the Wiki, which I plan to use as my communications toll with parents and students. Jim

9:05 AM  
Blogger Asissyrow said...

I loved the self-quizzes and the on-line student book feature on the Glencoe site. I plan to have kids complete the self-quizzes periodically to assess their own understanding of the material. The online book will free some students from taking the book home.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I did not get to go on the website. I worked with the exampro and found that to be beneficial because it saves a lot of typing time for creating test and quizzes.

I also like the student textbook being accessible online.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Erin Fitz said...

I intend to use the interactive maps to reteach and enforce my students background knowledge on geography as well as introduce historical events.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Big Willie said...

I like the fact of being able to use the interactive components of the site. The puzzles and quizzes will be very beneficial. I will use the interactive puzzles as well as the quizzes to assess my students on a weekly basis

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The website is very beneficial for the students and the teacher. It allows the students to realistically do homework without having to carry their texbook home. Teachers can use the website to plan lessons more effficiently.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking forwards to having the student textbook on line also just because of the condition the regular books get returned to us (if they get returned). The interactive maps will also be more interesting for the students.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-Using maps, would help with instruction.
- Reteaching Concepts
-will enhance the teaching by allowing students not to carry home a text book,
-to communications with parents

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home