Welcome...
...to the 2nd Annual DCPS Tech Academy! This year I was able to get each of you some new toys, in the form of a USB mass storage device a.k.a. thumb drive, a.k.a. flash drive, AND a headset to listen to and record audio! During the 8 half-days we are together, I want each of you to accomplish each of these tasks:
- Create a United Steaming account; search the United Streaming database by keyword, subject heading, AND curriculum standard; stream digital video; download digital video
- Create your own digital video clip(s); edit original or downloaded video clips; embed digital video into a multimedia presentation (online or in PowerPoint)
- Gain a general understanding of podcasting; record digital audio; edit digital audio; share/embed digital audio
- Understand the elements of a WebQuest; create and publish an original webquest
- Create and maintain your own blog and/or website for student reference
This may (or may not) look like a lot and feel a little overwhelming. My goal is not to make you an expert, as our digital world is constantly changing and expertise seems intangible. Rather, I would like for each of you to experience these elements of our digital world and have the opportunity to practice in an arena where you can share ideas and gain immediate feedback. By the end of this "tech academy" I want you to understand how each of these tools COULD be used in instruction and have enough background knowledge to move forward with the tools you feel are most applicable to your teaching situation.

<< Home